Monday, January 3, 2011

Boo is what I say to work!

So as pretty much everyone knows, today was my first day back at work and it was a disaster.

First, Kimber did great last night. We got up at midnight and 4 am but at 4 I just brought her in bed with us b/c I was getting up in a hour and didn't want her to get used to getting up at 4 to eat. I'm impressed she didn't wake up more considering the poor thing can't even breath! I got everything ready to go and woke little miss up at 5:40, we ate, changed and were to grandma's house by 6:30.

I get to work and can't log in to my computer. Like you know how you do ctrl alt delete to lock your computer? Yeah, well I couldn't log in, period. I called the (so called) help desk and she informs me that I've been deleted from the system so she cannot reset my passwords... great. I have no idea how long it will take for me to get all my systems back and new passwords. So I spent all morning sitting with someone and then all afternoon I was notarizing documents.

Finally it was 3:30 and I was off to pick Kimber up from my mom's. I had envisioned her big smile all day as I walked in the door... but that wasn't what I was greeted with. She was pretty much indifferent to my kiddish squeals and funny voices, ugh, such a stubborn child :)

I feel like I don't have any time with her at home now. I'm rushing around trying to get the house picked up for the MIL to come watch Kimber tomorrow. I'm trying to get dinner made while making sure the dishes are getting done and laundry is getting put away. I found myself rocking her tonight long past when she fell asleep. I miss being able to cuddle with her any time of day but I don't have a choice right now, and I've come to terms with that fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love! I heart comments!