Friday, December 2, 2011

more for me

Kimber-lena,

I feel like I haven't written to you in ages! You sure have been keeping me busy! I cannot even begin to describe the joy you bring to my life. I feel like my life has the most amazing purpose now, to be a mother to you, and what more could I possibly ask for?

You definitely have a strong personality (can't imagine where you would of got that from!) and are a bit stubborn at times. You know where your snacks are hidden and 'ask' for them frequently by banging on the dishwasher, however, you don't want to eat them... you just feed them to the dog and then 'ask' for more. You are impatient, again an attribute from me, and can't wait more than five seconds before a meltdown begins. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be not to be able to communicate!

Speaking of communicating... I've gotten pretty good at reading your mind. I wish you'd start talking! You say momma, dada, hi dada, hi, bye, go, dog, and the most recently added word *drum roll please* NO! It actually makes me laugh because you just wander down the hall saying 'no' for absolutely no reason at all. Pretty darn cute!

You've started a new game where you'll hit me and then immediately give me a hug. It totally reminds me of the Sour Patch Kids commercial: First they're sour... Then they're sweet. I giggle on the inside every time you pull this new trick. Hey, at least you realize you should make up for the hitting part, right? You love Sesame Street, The Wiggles, and Barney but I can really only tolerate Sesame Street :) Anytime you hear a song you always start dancing! You are way into books and blocks. I'd say those two things are by far the most played with items in our house... along with mommy's Tupperware!

Because of you, I actually enjoy mornings now. I love walking into your room while you babble and turn to me as I enter and say 'hi' in your cute little voice! I love our Tuesday and Thursday afternoon naps together. Nothing is better than snuggling up with you! I love how animated you are and how you laugh with your entire body. You got a baby for your birthday and now will walk around and pat it and give it hugs. Cutest. Thing. Ever. Is that a hint that you want to be a big sister?

You make me see the world in an entirely different light. You make everything worth it. I love seeing glimpses of how you see the world, and how everything is new to you. You are amazing, plain and simple, and I don't know how I got to be so lucky as to be your mom!

Love - Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love! I heart comments!