Wednesday, June 1, 2011

more for me

Kimber,

I cannot wait until you become a mother and experience the love I have for you. It's indescribable. I cry at the thought of future owies, broken hearts, bullying, and anything else that could possibly cause you any kind of pain. I know these things aren't something I can control, and shouldn't worry about but I can't help myself. I never want you to feel an ounce of pain... ever... I wish I could make that promise to you, and I can't, and it kills me, but what I can promise you is that I will ALWAYS be there for you to kiss your owies, bash boys that dared break your heart, and do whatever it takes to make you feel better.

I so badly want to provide better for you than what I had. I want your childhood full of happy memories and a stable household. I want you to grow up with parents you adore that show you what a loving family is all about.

Can I just tell you how stinkin cute you are!!! I'm pretty sure you do something new every day. At 7 months you finally started kinda crawling. You were on all fours and would lunge forward, not even 2 weeks later (5/5/11) you started for real crawling and now you are all over the place! You much prefer to be down exploring our house than being held, which is a nice change. I feel like you allow me to get more stuff done around the house because you can occupy yourself most times. Oh, you also like walking while holding my fingers and you LOVE to pull yourself up using my arms and then immediately plop yourself down just so you can pull yourself up again. It's a riot.

We are going to be introducing protein tomorrow! I made your turkey and chicken, and let me tell you, making meat puree isn't my favorite thing! You love Mary, but I think you love being around all the other kids just as much. We're already pretty sure you're going to be a people watcher. You constantly wail, pretty much non-stop. I'm finally beginning to be able to tell weather you're crying or just yelling to hear yourself yell. Your favorite is when I or Dad yell back, then it becomes a game but we normally outlast you. You say 'da da' not for any reason, just randomly throughout the day. You're still sleeping through the night and still only have the two bottom teeth, but man those suckers are sharp!

You are such a happy baby and are becoming more independent everyday that goes by. You are constantly exploring your toy box and have figured out that when you drop things, mommy is always there to pick them up. This hasn't become a game yet, but I'm sure in the near future you will be dropping things and laughing.

I will never be able to tell you enough how much I love you and I will never get tired of saying it:
I love you boo-ba-loo!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love! I heart comments!