Saturday, June 25, 2011

weekend fun

I made it a point this weekend to have some fun. I get so caught up in chores, grocery shopping, etc on the weekends that we never get out and just do something for the fun of it. Well today was that day my friends!

We took Kimber to the zoo for the first time. Both Pat and I agree that it will be much more fun when she's older but we still had a good time anyways.

Pat wrote a to-do list for the weekend and I kid you not when I say one of the items on there was 'do something fun with mini'. As if the zoo didn't fulfill that item, he decided to take her on the carousel. She LOVED it!

It was pretty funny because he took her on the ride so I went and sat on the benches that surround the ride and I swear to you I was the only mom. Guess most dad's don't like carousels? Pat thoroughly enjoyed himself though, and this moment was one of the cutest I've seen!

We so badly wanted to go to the penguin house but it seemed to have a line so we decided to skip it and figured we need to take a day off work this fall and come back, because man was it crowded today!

At least we got a picture with a *fake* puffin in the background...

I think this is my new favorite picture of her!

Oh and I almost forgot... While sitting on a bench at the zoo, trying to figure out what we wanted to go see next I saw, walking towards me.... DONALD FANDANGO! For those of you that don't know, it's not really that big of a deal, he's a local radio DJ but probably the closest thing to a celebrity I've ever seen so it kind of excited me. Plus he just happens to be my favorite DJ, his knowledge of music is simply mind-blowing (and I might find that a bit sexy...).


Next we ran home and chilled out for a while and then it was time to meet Josh and Jenny for dinner. I've pretty much decided we need to make this a monthly thing. They live like a hour away, so it's nice to meet somewhere in the middle, eat, chat, and whatever. They are getting married in TWO weeks and I'm super stoked to have a sister-in-law!

Oh and speaking of their wedding... remember how I bought this dress for her and it barely fit? Well I ended up ordering another one, and Jenny brought the sash to dinner so... here's my super cute flower girl!

I have to take the flower off, somehow attach the sash, and then pin the flower back on... but I like this dress better than the last one, and the bigger plus is that it still fits :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love! I heart comments!