Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Cookie Dough Cupcakes

I decided that for Christmas morning we were going to have an assortment of baked goods for breakfast but I wanted to try something new. I found this recipe for cookie dough cupcakes, and since I have such a love for cookie dough I decided I had to try it out.

The actual recipe has you make the cupcake batter and cookie dough from scratch but what new mom has time to do that? Certainly not this one! I just used boxed mixes and it turned out just fine. The only thing I did differently was I took the big chocolate chips out of the cookie dough mix and instead added a cup of mini chocolate chips... I'm just not a huge fan of the chocolate chips...

Directions:

Follow directions on package to make cookie dough (and substitute the mini chocolate chips if desired). Roll the cookie dough into 1 Tablespoon balls and place on a cookie sheet and freeze overnight.

Follow directions on package to make cupcake batter. Line 2 cupcake pans with liners and fill them with 3 Tablespoons of batter each. Once all the liners are filled, take a frozen cookie dough ball and place it in the middle of the batter. Bake cupcakes at 350 for 16-18 minutes.

Frosting:

3 sticks of softened butter
3/4 c. light brown sugar packed
3 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbs milk
1 tsp vanilla

Combine butter & brown sugar in a mixing bowl and cream together on a medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Beat in powdered sugar until smooth. Beat in salt, milk and vanilla until smooth and combined.

Once the cupcakes are done baking let them cool. Frost the cupcakes and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.


Enjoy!

I really liked these, but they are kind of rich :) I'm not the biggest fan of the icing but it's probably because I'm not making it right. For some reason mine is still a little grainy from the brown sugar but oh well, the family loved them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love! I heart comments!