Friday, April 22, 2011

Not your average Friday

Have you had those days at your job where you really question why you even bother? Well today was one of those days. I have never felt so, ugh I don't even know what word to use... disrespected, unacknowledged, dismissed, ignored, etc. So I went on our website and looked for other jobs at my company, yes, it was that bad of a day.

A girl from work was going to come over for a bitch fest, but her hubby was sore from surgery he had last week so she stayed home to take care of the baby... Who, by the way, will be Kimber's prom date one day :) Turns out, it was a good thing she stayed home.

I had just put missy to bed and tornado sirens went off, we turned on the news and they said we were in a tornado watch until 7:45, no biggie. Around 7:35 it started hailing, getting really windy, and just down right nasty outside. For the first time, I was scared. All I kept thinking about was a tornado hitting our house and Kimber being sucked up in it! Then a felt sick to my stomach at the thought of losing her. Being a parent is defiantly rough on emotions!

We decided to go to the basement. I scooped Kimber out of bed and headed downstairs. We sat on the floor in the spare bedroom and I rocked her, praying she wouldn't wake up. We stayed until the storm passed and I went and laid her back down in bed. You know, she never even made a peep? Shocking that we've come this far with her sleeping.

After today I plan on spending my Saturday (while my husband is working) snuggling with Kimber, and napping together. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love! I heart comments!