Sunday, May 15, 2011

My first Mother's Day!!!!!

Last weekend was CRAZY!!! Friday night at Kimber's bedtime we drove to Ottawa, KS for Jon's graduation. We got in around 11 and Jon & Rae came over and played with Kimber. Surprisingly Kimber went right back to sleep. We got up and headed to graduation brunch. Can I just say that they made this french toast stuff that looked kinda like monkey bread... it was amazing! I wish I knew how to make it... but I digress...

Then it was time for graduation. Kimber wanted to talk... during the prayer so we left to go to the cry room which we were told would have a tv with the graduation on. Well of course they couldn't get the tv working so there we sat, just me and Kimber. Wanna know why? Kimber scared all the other kids/parents out of the room!
It was like we were in freakin detention. Boring!!! Luckily Daddy came in and we both took her to play outside. So much for seeing the brother in law graduate!

Pretty sure she would of eaten that cup if we'd of let her!

So after graduation we were going to get her to take a nap, have dinner with Jon and Rae and make the 4 hour drive back home at Kimber's bedtime again. Well, that plan went to crap real quick! Pat put her to sleep, then my MIL's dog started barking and it woke her up. Then I spent probably 30 minutes putting her back to sleep only to have Pat's grandma's dog bark and wake her up. At that point I said that we were leaving and packed Kimber up at 5 and headed home. You know, she fell asleep at 5:30, slept the whole way home, when we got home at 10 we fed her and she went back to sleep until 7:30 the next morning. I'm gonna say she was tired!

Sunday was my first 'official' Mother's Day (Pat says being pregnant last year really doesn't count). Kimber and Pat gave me cards (we're going to get scrap booking stuff later), MIL gave me a Teething Bling necklace that I love! Seriously, if you have a teething baby go check them out! Jon and Rae got me this really cool bracelet, a huge bottle of Jaeger, and bath salts. I'd say I made out pretty well.

Kimber was in a particularly good mood that morning, and her gift to me? A TWO HOUR NAP!!!

After the epic nap we went over to my aunt's house to lunch/dinner. It's nice to have the five generations together. When we got home I told Pat I wanted some pictures of Kimber and I. Kimber did not want to cooperate, she cried, and cried, and cried some more. Oh well, we still took pictures:

My perfect ending to the perfect 1st Mother's Day:

Hope everyone else had a fantastic Mother's Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love! I heart comments!