Monday, May 2, 2011

The big reveal! (Bathroom - Before & After)

Remember this post? This bathroom has been the biggest project ever! Numerous curse words were flown around any time anyone ever asked about our renovation. I can only hope and pray that the rest of the first floor goes more smoothly. Ok, so are you ready for some before and after? Grab some popcorn, this is going to be a long one!

BEFORE:

I can't believe I'm posting this... How nasty is this? And it's CLEAN! We tried everything under the sun but the bathtub was just stained, and it had a crack down the middle so we couldn't even use the tub... not that we would :)
Gross
Horrid mirror & Cabinets
Boring!
Vanity
Worst Light Ever
Laundry chute that went to the basement bathroom, not cool!


DURING DEMO:
Everything was ripped out!


DURING:

New tub with 3 piece wall surround & drywall back up.
All in!


New ceramic tile!
Grouted!


AFTER:








I love the edge of our mirror!



Prints from Sometimes I Swirl

Button flusher :)
 

We literally replaced every single thing in the bathroom. Pat and my dad did the bathtub, surround and drywall. My dad did our new 6 panel door. A guy from Pat's worked helped with the tile work. We had a guy come in and mud, tape and sand the drywall. Oh, and Pat's dad helped with the vanity because we had to move where the pipes were to fit it flush with the wall. Everything else, Pat and I did. There are still a few things left to do like: paint door and door jamb, fill trim, secure down the toilet tank, and install the fan/light we bought. I have no idea why we take on such big projects but man do they look good after we're done!

Looking back at pictures of how the bathroom used to look, I cannot believe how gross it was! I am still in love with everything we've done with this renovation and can't wait to finish the rest of the main floor! 

I'll spare you with all the gory details of every thing that went wrong with this project. Let's just say we will never buy a house that needs more than paint and hardware updated in the bathroom!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I'm sure it wasn't easy but it looks amazing! I think we have the same shower head too. =-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! I heart comments!