Wednesday, March 9, 2011

History of Us

Since we've hit the two year mark (and I've finally had time to blog) I thought I'd go back to when we first met because we all know how much everyone loves a good love story... barf...

Well we both had Mustangs and hung out with some of the same crowds. The first time I met Pat was at a party of a mutual friend. I of course was seeing someone, but I was very interested! When things ended with the other guy I was determined have Pat as mine.

The 'car people' hung out at Sonic on nice nights so I text him asking if he was going to be there. His response 'No'. Then my friend was having a party to I text him and asked if he was coming, and again he said no, that he was working on his car. At that point I had no doubt that he wasn't the least bit interested so I kind of gave up. To my surprise he said he was coming to one of my parties so I had to try one last time. I went out and got a new outfit and new jewelry and tried to make myself look nice:


He ended up spending the night and we were together ever since. We joke now because I went to my room and closed the door to change for bed and he made himself comfortable on the couch. When I came back out I told him he could sleep in bed if he promised not to cuddle, and now, I'm the one that loves my nook!

A couple months later we went camping with my brother, his g/f and some friends of theirs. It was on that trip that we started dating, or at least labeled it that. We had a great time:

We moved in together a few months later, and then just 7 months after we started dating he proposed! I was at work and received a fax from him with a map and instructions on what to do the rest of the day. It told me to go get my nails done, get lunch and come find him at 4. I found him in the heart shaped walkway at Laumier Sculpture Park and that's where is proposed. We even went back there for some wedding pictures:

And as they say 'the rest is history'. We got married, bought a house, and had a baby. All that in 2 years! I can't wait to see where we are in the next 2 years!

2 comments:

  1. Awww, what a sweet way to ask you to marry him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sweeeeeet! You're right. Barf! I love love stories. Got the chills!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! I heart comments!