Sunday, March 20, 2011

Leaps & Bounds

Kimber napping at Grandma's with her Lovey from Uncle Josh

I can officially say we are sleeping through the night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! About three weeks ago Kimber was going to bed at 7 then getting up at 9 or 10 to eat again, which was fine since we weren't asleep yet. She would then go back to sleep for the rest of the night. I was super happy about that, and never thought she would ever sleep from 7 pm to 6 am but people we are sooo there! 

I will admit there are still some nights that we get interrupted sleep because now that she is good at rolling over she does it in her sleep. I guess when she wakes up on her stomach she doesn't realize all she needs to do is roll back over, and instead cries until we come in and put her on her back again. I am so glad that I didn't force anything to get to this point. If she was having a rough night, she slept with us. If she got up in the middle of the night at 4 1/2 months old and wanted to eat we fed her. We never let her just cry until she fell back asleep and I am so thankful that I trusted that mommy gut and soothed her when needed. She is even putting herself to sleep at night too. It does happen, we are proof! It took 5 1/2 months but we are there, and I could do cart wheels I'm so happy!

Another note worthy milestone is that she will play without me (or Pat) having to entertain her. Not for long periods of time, but yesterday I put her in her exersaucer and was able to eat lunch quietly all by myself... with BOTH HANDS!!! Ahhh the little things in life!

My new favorite picture of mini.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love! I heart comments!