Saturday, March 19, 2011

New Cleaning Supplies!!!

When I got my first apartment when I was almost 20 I was giving a hand-me-down vacuum from my aunt. It worked great but now, 4 years later, it no longer locks into place when you stand it up and the cord has been chewed on by the dogs and it is time for it to be retired. I made a deal with Pat, he could buy a set of tools if I could get new cleaning stuff.

First I went out and bought the Rubbermaid Reveal & Shark 2-in-1 Hand and Stick Vacuum.
I had a Swiffer mop and it was ok. I don't like that it takes batteries, I constantly had to buy pads and solution, well, with the Reveal you can wash the pad and use any floor cleaning solution, it even has the water to solution ratio on the bottle, pretty nifty! It's going to be a huge money saver!

We have laminate and tile floor through most of the house (everywhere other than the bedrooms) and I was really tired of the broom and dustpan but couldn't find anything that really worked well at picking up all the dust and junk. My mom bought the Shark and told me it's a must have, now I know why! It has super powerful suction and the coolest thing is you can take off the canister and it becomes a little handheld suction machine! I'm also a fan of the bagless on this because I'm constantly vacuuming up dust bunnies and don't want to spend an arm and a leg for bags all the time.

Next was my big purchase. A new vacuum! I was overwhelmed at all the options but I knew I wanted something light, and used bags (I know, totally contradictory from what I just said about the Shark). I read tons of reviews and truly considered splurging and getting a Dyson but then I came across this jewel:
the Hoover Platinum Lightweight Upright Vacuum with Canister. Swoon!!! I originally found it on Overstock with amazing reviews for almost $300 and I was just not willing to pay that much. I then decided that I was on a mission to find this fantastic vacuum for cheaper and in comes Amazon. Right now it's on sale for $214 with free 5-7 day shipping. I could swallow $214 for basically 2 vacuums! I placed my order on Wednesday and it showed up on my door step yesterday!

I cannot wait to use the canister on the stairs as I've been searching for an easier way to clean that monster! I quickly put it together and went and vacuumed Kimber's room and I'm in total vacuum love! It is ridiculously lightweight (like 12 lbs) and has massive suction ability. It even automatically adjusts to the height of whatever you are cleaning at the time. We have frieze carpet and it looks kind of worn in high traffic areas but this magical device brought it back to life.

I highly recommend all these items!

2 comments:

  1. Brooke,

    Are you still in love with your vacuum? I am in need of a new one and just can't afford a dyson right now.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, the Hoover is a champ! I have no complaints as of yet. I haven't used the canister part yet though so I can't give a review on that.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! I heart comments!