So here is the recipe:
1 - 16 oz package of Oreo's (don't use the double stuffed ones)
1 - 8 oz package of Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
2 - 8 oz packages of Baker's semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
1. Crush 9 cookies into fine crumbs in a food processor; reserve for later use. (Cookies can also be crushed in a ziploc bag using a rolling pin.) Crush remaining 36 cookies into fine crumbs. Place in mixing bowl. Add cream cheese, mix until well blended. Roll cookies into 42, 1 inch balls.
2. Dip balls in chocolate; place on a wax covered cookie sheet. Sprinkle with reserve cookie crumbs.
3. Place in refrigerator until firm, approx 1 hour.
And here's how I did it:
1. Strap child in safety seat as to help make truffles for Daddy:
2. Since I don't own a food processor, or a rolling pin, take a pyrex dish and use the edge to crush cookies:
3. Put cream cheese in microwave for 30 seconds to soften.
4. Mix cream cheese with crumbs:
4. Roll into balls.
5. (I used white chocolate.) Place white chocolate in the microwave and set timer for WAY too long, tend to a screaming baby and by the time you realize you set it to microwave for too long the chocolate is burnt.
6. Pack child up, run to Shop and Save to get replacement white chocolate.
7. Finally dip balls in chocolate, and since I don't own wax paper, use aluminum foil to coat cookie sheets instead. Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.
8. Place in fridge for a hour and enjoy one before plating and serving as a Valentine's Day treat.
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY BABY!
(And because I said I would just for him, these will now be referred to as 'Pat's Chocolate Salty Balls')