Monday, February 21, 2011

So Thankful

I am so thankful for this:
wearing her  Daddy's OU hat

It was time for Kimber to eat when I picked her up at the sitter's so I fed her there instead of crossing my fingers that we wouldn't have a melt down in the car. As I was sitting there the sitter was talking to a little boy's grandma about another kids mom.

This woman is pregnant, due in a couple weeks and her baby has no skull. The baby won't survive very long, maybe a couple hours and my heart breaks for her, her husband and their son. 

My mind raced, putting myself in her situation. Obviously she's known for a while now but I would imagine you could never prepare yourself to deal with the loss of a newborn. I could not even grasp the amount of pain you would be in when your child is kicking and rolling around in your belly one minute, and the next you are holding her counting the precious minutes you have left. 

She walked in today to pick up her son, all glowing at 8 1/2 months pregnant, and you would have no idea the situation she's in. And here I am, holding my happy and healthy 4 1/2 month old baby girl and I felt guilty. It's one thing to hear about horrible things that can happen to babies, but when you actually meet the people who are going through it, it makes it so much more real.

I spent quite a few minutes when I got home today just enjoying my daughter, praying for this woman, and being truly thankful for my family. It's scary to think that could of been me, that could of been my little girl and my family going through that. I have never had such a wake up call in my life to really value what I have.

1 comment:

  1. I love that it had an impact on you. Whatever you do, don't be afraid of her. If the opportunity ever comes up, ask her. She might cry and you might cry with her, but her talking about it helps her heal. Tell her that you are praying for her baby. It will bring her strength. It is heartwrenching that horrible things happen to innocent children/babies, but the most important thing to do is to not ignore it. Maybe you could drop off dinner for her after the whole ordeal is done. Or just send a card. Sorry to be a voice inside your head. Just my opinions, from experience. Knowing what helped and what didn't when faced with a similar situation.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! I heart comments!