Saturday, February 5, 2011

Saddening


Yep, I finally packed up my maternity clothes! It's a sad realization that I no longer need them. I have no idea why it took me so long to pack them up, I guess in the back of my mind I liked looking in my closet and being reminded of that amazing time in my life. I miss being pregnant. It was the biggest most important thing I've ever done. I created life, I made a little human inside of my body, I carried her for 40 weeks, and I miss her being there, in my belly.

I know at week 39 I was ready, ready to have her here. Ready to meet this little thing I created. Ready to finally be a parent and enter the next journey in my life with my husband. I don't think I ever realized that I would miss the journey I was just on, to get to this point, so much.

Today I finally realized that I have other things to remind me of my pregnancy other than the clothes. Wonderful stretch marks, weight I've gained, the scar where she was pulled out of me, the back pain that flares up, and occasionally the discomfort if Kimber kicks my stomach just right. These things may sound less than appealing to most people, but they are my constant reminders of my biggest accomplishment and I wouldn't change it for the world. So while my maternity clothes are collecting dust in the basement I will continue to watch the reason I had to buy them grow into an amazing little person! And you can't be sad about that!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.6

1 comment:

Leave some love! I heart comments!