Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Time

I feel like my life has been on fast forward the past couple years, especially these past few months. I wish I could just push pause and enjoy a little time with my little girl before she is no longer 'little'. I'm not sure where all my time is going but I'd really like to find it so I can have some to do things I enjoy.

I really want to start reading. Since we are supposed to take a mandatory 30 minute lunch break at work, I think that can be my reading time. I also want to start crocheting again. Now that I have a cute little baby to put cute little hats on I finally have a reason to pick up a hook again.

Less selfishly, I need to find time to finish painting our doors. (Yes, that's right, we are coming up on a year of having them installed and I still have not painted them. Oh and since I haven't painted them, they don't have knobs on them... I know, totally hoosier!) Let's see, I need to clean out the bedroom downstairs and finish putting things away in the laundry room. I need to clean out the garage that was turned into a bedroom so this spring we can turn it back into a garage again.

Mostly I miss spending time with my friends. I tried to get together with our friends in South County a couple weekends in a row and we still haven't seen them. We were supposed to go to the zoo last weekend with another couple but our heater went out so I spent the day at home hoping to get it fixed (which we did). I really miss my high school friend. She's the friend that I don't see very often but when we get together it's like we just saw each other yesterday. I feel like as a mom now I can't plan to do anything. Even if I were to set up plans, like for a lunch date, of course that's the one time that Kimber is going to want to eat when I'm trying to get out the door. Most of the things we do now are spur of the moment things and I'm not a spur of the moment person.

I need to find like a mommy play date group or something. I need to find people to hang out with that 1. have kids and 2. are closer to where we live. Please don't misinterpret that as me wanting to replace my old friends, I just need people at the same stage of life we are in that live in our area. I wish my friends lived closer but SoCo and NoCo are quite a drive, and like I said before, it's hard to make plans when you have no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love! I heart comments!